Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Wanted: 1 Work-out Buddy!

Basically I’m blaming the fact that I have no one to work out with for my lack of “success” on my weight-loss journey. I haven’t even stepped on the scale in forever b/c I don’t even want to know the truth. I just haven’t cared lately. Well, that’s not entirely true … I care, just not enough??? I’m not sure. But every morning I wake up and tell myself I’m ugly & fat. I look & feel disgusting. But what do I do about it? I go eat a pop tart or something unhealthy like that. Duh, Natalie! What a retard, huh? It’s kinda like that verse in James about the person that sees himself in the mirror & goes on his way doing nothing about it.

So now what? I can’t depend on someone else to help me be successful in my weight loss venture. It’s always nice to have a friend to do things w/ but b/c of the distance I am from most of my friends, it makes it difficult. Mondays I’ve been playing volleyball in the women’s league in Iron Mountain, and sometimes on the weekend I go to Northland & play volleyball, but that’s hard on my parents & the gas gets expensive. *sigh*

I’m so discouraged. I hate looking at myself. I just want to be thin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Natalie...hang in there. You know you can do it because you have lost weight and can keep it up. I am a very impatient person when it comes to anything...espcially my weight. I expect to look in the mirror the next morning and be a size 4. It doesn't happen that way and I am just now realizing that. 4 years of trying to lose weight and I am finally getting it...you can to!!! I know you can!!

I will pray for you tomorrow and days after that...put one foot in front of the other...step by step and you will be able to do it!!!

10:28 PM  
Blogger S said...

Heather - you're a great cheerleader. I think I'll go exercise right now!

Natalie- Hang in there. Heather's right about being impatient, sometimes it takes a couple weeks before you see any results, at least that's how my body is anyways. I'm not in a place where I have a workout partner either - my walking buddy, Karis Seely, just moved this summer an hour away, but I know what you mean, it's more fun to have accountability, that's what we're here for! :)

9:25 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Natalie, I know exactly how you feel. I had the same discouragement/melt down this morning. But, guess what I did? Shocker. I read the Bible and did my walking dvd. Now I'm praying that God would help me to do the same tomorrow. I know you face bigger challenges being a working mom. I am praying for you. What I'm going to try to focus on, is asking God for strength throughout the day, to make right choices. You know, I really don't always do that. So, here's for a good tomorrow!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home