Friday, November 03, 2006

Katie: 11.3.06

I have been exercising these past 2 weeks. This is a big step for me, since I haven't had a regular exercise routine for a while. Last week I only did my dvd on Thursday and Friday. And due to a rough night with Luke that afforded me only 3 hours of sleep on Sunday, I didn't walk away the pounds until Wednesday, but did it every day since! I am going to bed earlier so that I can wake between 6:30 & 7:30 (depending when I hit the sack) and spend some time in the Word and do my dvd. It gives me a GREAT start to my day! Thanks for praying for me as I try to establish these new habits.

Next week my goal is to do my new habits EVERY day, starting on Monday (not including weekends). I still need to start doing weights though.

How's everyone doing? Anyone else needing to throw all of the Halloween candy out the window? :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Glupker said...

I am really struggling! I can tell I am starting to put the pounds back on. I keep candy in my classroom to give to the kids, but I find that I eat A LOT of it!!! I am at school about 12 hours out of my day and I am too tired to work out when I get home.
Good job on your progess though Katie! Keep up the good work!!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

KT: Great job on your new routine, girl! I'm with you. Now that Chloe's about 15 mos. old she sleeps later and I've been indulging in late nights and mornings too. Starting this morning though, God helped me turn over a new leaf. I woke up before Chloe and did my 30 minute exercise ball dvd. I've got a big walk planned for tomorrow (to our local polling place) and I'm hoping to get to bed early so I can be up at a decent hour.

Kelly: Any way you can change what you offer the kids at school? Like keeping fruit snacks, raisins, or string cheese in your classroom? I know those choices aren't as exciting as candy but it would be modeling healthy eating to offer them better choices. Sorry to hear about your busy school days! I hope you're getting some rest at nights!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Kelly Glupker said...

Alicia,
The kids don't get candy very often - and it is only used as a reward when they solve a difficult math problem. It's a bit more motivating that string cheese - but I do keep healthy foods at school for myself. I just seem to always be drawn to the junk. :(

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home